To submit your editorials for publication, send your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek only content for online publication.
Please pay attention to the following before submitting anything.
- The material you submit should be relevant to the visual style of The Forest.
- The content must be UNPUBLISHED and EXCLUSIVE.
- Your submission should form a story, and not be random images from your portfolio.
- Minimum 4 looks. The styling does not have to consist of big brands. We care mostly for visual storytelling, therefore, even used clothing or brandless from the thrift store suffice.
- No studio flash, unless it is done in a natural manner.
- Editorials featuring one or two designers are considered advertorials and there is a fee.
- We try to avoid plastic or contemporary/modern styling.
- We focus on location stories. Studio sets are accepted only when there is a set design that fits the visual identity of The Forest
- We ask for full-size images if your submission is accepted.
- Please allow 3 weeks until your content is published.
- We do not remove sets once they have been published.
And (the very important) legalities:
- You must be the copyright holder of the content you submit to us and by doing so, you assert so.
- All persons depicted must be at least 18 years old, and you must own the written permission of them and/or their representatives in order to publish the images. Take care when nudity is involved and confirm that the persons depicted are aware of this and agree to a publication.
- By submitting your material, you grant us the full consent to publish your work in any media possible related to the scope of The Forest magazine in perpetuity (including but not limited to print, online, social media, broadcasting etc). The copyright of your content remains with you and we press no claim on it.
However, we, as licensees, are allowed to make use of the content, in addition to the above-mentioned, in publicity features regarding The Forest magazine in any and all media (including advertising/promotional purposes), regarding the scope of The Forest only.
To offer an example of such use, we may choose to use your content to support a feature about the Forest magazine in a TV program or create a digital advertisement promoting The Forest magazine, which may be based upon your image.
- We will never license or sell your intellectual property to others; if we receive such a request, we will forward it to you.
By submitting your content for publication to The Forest, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from any liability, damages, and fees whatsoever, any breach of privacy or violation of any rights of publicity/likeness, and any possible breach of any possible right, which may arise from our use of the material you submitted and you accept full responsibility for your actions.
(e.g. If you submit content without the consent of the copyright owner or the consent of the persons appearing in the content).
Therefore, please secure all permissions you may need to publish the content.
In simple words, if you submit content to us and you claim that you have all necessary permissions to publish your content with The Forest, you accept full responsibility for any claims or liability, damages and fees, associated with the publication.
As an example, in the scenario where you submit nude images without the model’s consent, and s/he threatens us with legal action, you are solely responsible for any liability, fees and/or damages s/he may claim, since you confirmed that you have all necessary permissions.
We strongly advise you to make certain that you have obtained consent for publication for The Forest and that the credits are correct. If something is shared on social media, keep in mind that it is very hard to delete its traces.